Friday, March 20, 2015

Lack of Sunshine

With the weather being so cloudy (and unfortunately, snowy), I've had to place my seedlings under grow lights to make sure they are getting enough light each day. I also started some sweet Italian basil and red cherry tomato seeds today. So far the germination rates have been pretty good. I think I've only had one broccoli and one tomato plant not germinate. Hopefully the grow lights will help them grow strong and not leggy, although I think my broccoli plants already look a little leggy. I can't imagine having the garden going in a month, as its still covered with a few inches of snow.

In other news, we bought a tiller! Just a small, electric one, that should be the perfect size for our small garden. Hopefully with some deeper dug soil, the garden will drain better and the plants will be happier!



No comments:

Post a Comment