Monday, April 13, 2015

Is Spring finally here?

Yesterday was the first weekend day that we could actually get outside and get some yard work done. Today its even nicer out, so we're hoping to get the garden at least started. We need to replace some side boards, add another 4 feet at the end for our kids' gardens, and till the whole thing. After tilling, we'll get a load of compost to mix in. Then we can fence it in to prevent our abundance of squirrels from having their own garden buffet. I'm hoping that this will all be completed by this weekend, so I can get some early spring seeds in the ground like radishes, sugar snap peas and parsnips. I think we'll still be having a frost or two during the next month, but for the most part, the weather looks pretty decent.

We went away for 5 days last week, and some of my seedlings didn't fare so well without daily watering, especially my peppers. I'm hoping they will perk up, but I may need to buy some seedlings after all this year. Starting from seeds is definitely hard - I feel like the plants should be larger than they are at this point. Now that we're having more sunny days, hopefully we'll see more growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment